"CATCH ME LIVE!"

I sing every Monday to Saturday at Holiday Inn Atrium, Singapore - 7:45pm to 10:45pm.
Free entrance at the Lobby Lounge. Find out more below:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193307951274&index=1

Profession: Singer, actress, mistress of ceremony (or emcee), model, drama trainer.
Gillian Tan finally has a casual & regular blog. This is Z Jil. Thanks for popping by!

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Flaws

Lately, I have learnt how I am affected by moods and atmospheres on set or in a recording studio. If everything is serious, I may absorb and spew that same energy. If the mood is light, I might take that on and add to what I do.

It is great in theatre and live performances where the energy of the audience is something to play off on. Since I am aware of the desire or need to push a story or emotion forward, a negative or unreceptive audience serves as a positive challenge.

However, it might work against me in a recording studio or film set. I don't think about it but subconsciously, I suppose I react the same way. I am not as aware of needing to push the story or emotion forward so I may end up overwhelmed by my environment. I must say that to myself, this discovery is disturbing, frustrating and disappointing. I hope it isn't so to anyone else though, and that I always managed to deliver eventually and do justice to my characters.

I suppose I need to learn to encapsulate myself in a separate world more distinctly on set & in studios. I'll be more aware in future. I would like to think that I can only improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment