"CATCH ME LIVE!"

I sing every Monday to Saturday at Holiday Inn Atrium, Singapore - 7:45pm to 10:45pm.
Free entrance at the Lobby Lounge. Find out more below:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193307951274&index=1

Profession: Singer, actress, mistress of ceremony (or emcee), model, drama trainer.
Gillian Tan finally has a casual & regular blog. This is Z Jil. Thanks for popping by!

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Organic Soap Nuts (from The DIY Secrets)

I just received my soap nuts in the mail!

Soap what? Well, soap nuts are fruits from the Sapindus trees in Nepal. In our daily cleaning, many of us release toxins and chemicals into the sewage system which in turns affect the environment in a myriad of ways.

Besides being a biodegradable and organic way to clean, soap nuts are ideal detergents for anyone with skin allergies. It's also safe ans gentle for babies!

I have been reading online how these can be used in the bath, shower, for hairwashes, and for dishes. It's most common use, I think, are for laundry. Also, it naturally softens your fabrics. The nuts can be dried and reused until they don't sud anymore. Usually that means 3 to 5 uses depending on the temperature of your water. I must say at this point that I haven't used them yet. This is all just me being excited. :p

How did I find out about soap nuts? Well, it was my good fortune to have met Lee Cheng of The DIY Secrets (visit http://www.thediysecrets.com) at the recent Ascendas Green at Heart campaign for which I was an emcee. She was so sweet to mention me in her blog on her site, and even more so to send me a kind handwritten note.

I took advantage of their Christmas Sale on December 3rd 2013, 20% off a 1kg bag (usually S$39) with free delivery. Keep a look out and you might be just as lucky, or luckier!

Check out the warmth and festivities in the photos below!

Above: a nicely boxed package, ordered online on Dec 3rd. It arrived timely on Dec 6th.

Above: presented in a soft cotton drawstring bag made in Nepal. And a bonus festive red ribbon!

Above: click to enlarge to read all the wonderful details on why and how soap nuts can help you. Don't forget the lovely card from Lee Cheng!

No comments:

Post a Comment