"CATCH ME LIVE!"

I sing every Monday to Saturday at Holiday Inn Atrium, Singapore - 7:45pm to 10:45pm.
Free entrance at the Lobby Lounge. Find out more below:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193307951274&index=1

Profession: Singer, actress, mistress of ceremony (or emcee), model, drama trainer.
Gillian Tan finally has a casual & regular blog. This is Z Jil. Thanks for popping by!

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Wedding: Marriage Preparation Course

We have registered ourselves in the marriage preparation course (MPC for short). The brochure stated that the course hopes to curb the rising rate of breakdowns in marriages because young couples "ride on their feelings of love, which eventually fade as problems start to emerge".

It's a 6 week course, comprising of 3 half-day Sunday sessions at a common location and 3 half-day sessions on weekends at the homes of the couples who I believe are presenting, or conducting, the course.

I wonder if the MPC is compulsory here. I wonder if lots of couples forego this if they could. I also wonder if some wished for a course like this, not knowing it exists.

As a relatively older bride (haha), I am quite certain I know what I would be like as a wife. Thankfully, my fiancé is also older (and wiser, one would hope), having experienced love, loss, fear, pain, arrogance and humility.

But how will we solve issues together? We honestly haven't had fights or major disagreements. However I'm sure there are some important topics to explore.  Something to look forward to in July. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment