"CATCH ME LIVE!"

I sing every Monday to Saturday at Holiday Inn Atrium, Singapore - 7:45pm to 10:45pm.
Free entrance at the Lobby Lounge. Find out more below:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193307951274&index=1

Profession: Singer, actress, mistress of ceremony (or emcee), model, drama trainer.
Gillian Tan finally has a casual & regular blog. This is Z Jil. Thanks for popping by!

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Skin for Skin!

Lots of people criticise chicken skin for being unhealthy and fatty.

I, as I always have, beg to differ. I feel that chicken skin is an amazing alternative to moisturiser and collagen.

I have a confession to make. I am really lousy at sticking to any routine. I also feel that it's a silly thing for us women to spend lots of hard-earned money on skincare, when most men hardly spend anything yet look pretty good anyway.

Well, guys may not always have the soft dewy skin and healthy glow that women seem to crave, as many magazines and advertisements suggest. But I suppose they are not expected to as well.

I imagine this could have stemmed from the distant past, when men had to work hard in the fields or at an office while a woman wasn't allowed to even apply to universities. Her duty in life was to marry a good provider, bear him children, cook, clean, make the house a home, guard the mailbox, stand by her man (poor Tammy), and in the time that's left, look pretty for him. Notice that as a wife, mother and home-maker, her duties did not include falling in love.

If one were in love, wouldn't looks be unimportant? Or are looks the first lure to falling in love? Well, I had always made it a point to go on dates without makeup and heels. Ok, ok, I admit. I am just daaaamn lazy and don't want my feet to suffer in pain and worry about my makeup running, especially if a date is meant to be enjoyable. Why should the guy get to have all the fun in his comfy shoes and his own makeup-free skin?

I also get to be myself from the start and if the other party ain't interested, that's just fine. Because as sincere and honest as I would be that day, I wouldn't put my heart on the line for a relative stranger. If the other party likes that and I enjoyed their company, then things can only get better from there! That's almost like telling some of the story within the pages of a book before you reveal its glossy colourful cover.

Anyway, back to the skin. Muahahaha... I suppose I should start with a proper skincare regime now. Better late than never, they say. Everytime I hear the word "regime", I think of the military. Wonder what I read as a child. I am never disciplined enough to follow a, well, regime, so I never kept to any product or routine. Oh, except maybe shampoo, soap, a toothbrush and toothpaste. I used to condition my hair once a fortnight when it gets really dry and tangled. Now I'm reminding myself to condition my hair just before it gets to that bramble stage.

Eating my favourite food, however, requires no reminding or stress. It relieves stress and gives me joy! It also provided collagen enough to keep my skin from looking like crushed paper. I may scrape off the fat sometimes if I feel too full (though I am never too full for skin). But I guess I could safely say this:

Skin saved my skin!


No comments:

Post a Comment