"CATCH ME LIVE!"

I sing every Monday to Saturday at Holiday Inn Atrium, Singapore - 7:45pm to 10:45pm.
Free entrance at the Lobby Lounge. Find out more below:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193307951274&index=1

Profession: Singer, actress, mistress of ceremony (or emcee), model, drama trainer.
Gillian Tan finally has a casual & regular blog. This is Z Jil. Thanks for popping by!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Night 28 - Little Girl Blue

Tired night but did two fresh songs, completely new to Adi.

Since the day I borrowed two books of music sheet collections, I had wanted to do these songs so I gave them to Adi, who it seems has been very busy. But today I put my foot down and kindly asserted my desires, mostly because I had to retrieve the books from him and return them to the library tonight (which I did on the way home).

I love "Hey There" and heard Rosemary Clooney's rendition so I sing the advice 'like a mother' instead of 'like a brother'. This is the first time I'm reviving this song since my first singing gig in a piano bar named Monaco in Clarke Quay about 6 years ago (but I can get dates mixed up). That was actually a place where some unpleasant things were born. But nonetheless. All part of life. Which led to...

"Little Girl Blue" and blue I was. That song was always a favourite of mine and I know it by heart after listening to Linda Ronstadt's rendition at least a thousand times. Adi had never heard of it and said he couldn't see the music sheet clearly so it turned out quite butchered. Old girl you're through... Quite a few reasons to be blue actually.

Now the books have been returned with no time to photocopy at this hour, and I was thinking: what a waste... someone else might've needed and really used the books this whole time. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment