"CATCH ME LIVE!"

I sing every Monday to Saturday at Holiday Inn Atrium, Singapore - 7:45pm to 10:45pm.
Free entrance at the Lobby Lounge. Find out more below:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193307951274&index=1

Profession: Singer, actress, mistress of ceremony (or emcee), model, drama trainer.
Gillian Tan finally has a casual & regular blog. This is Z Jil. Thanks for popping by!

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Night 38 - Out On The Weekend

What a wonderful night after a a long break for Chinese New Year!

For me. I was "Out On The Weekend", but unlike the Neil Young song, I was not a lonely boy. I was busy with the family, as the season should be. I even found time to go out to a club!

I had Adi's wife and my friend sing in place of me on Saturday, Monday and Tuesday nights over CNY. Happy Chinese New Year everyone! Tonight, Adi and I opened our first set with "The Nearness Of You". Then we performed "Yue Liang Dai Biao Wo De Xin" (moon represents my heart) which I think improves each time I do it. Everyone seemed to enjoy "Fly Me To The Moon" as well.

My voice seemed more confident and brighter. Perhaps it was the rest I so badly needed. Tonight our regulars were there and one of them gave me a hongbao, or a red packet with money inside, mostly for good luck and prosperity. How sweet!

I had nice hair and makeup on since I came from a long day of filming as Helen. Not the longest I have experienced though. Today was to begin at 9:30am but the office was only opened at 10am. I claimed I didn't receive the script in my email so learnt my dialogue all on the spot (I later found out the script was indeed sent to me, a little after 2am that very day). I was to end about 4pm but due to so many prop (un) preparations, my last scene wrapped at 6pm. That left me just enough time to get to HIA.So many outfit changes for all the scenes from episode 2 and 3. Ok, one outfit here is from ep 1, can you guess which? Click on the picture above to enlarge it. :-)

1 comment: