"CATCH ME LIVE!"

I sing every Monday to Saturday at Holiday Inn Atrium, Singapore - 7:45pm to 10:45pm.
Free entrance at the Lobby Lounge. Find out more below:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193307951274&index=1

Profession: Singer, actress, mistress of ceremony (or emcee), model, drama trainer.
Gillian Tan finally has a casual & regular blog. This is Z Jil. Thanks for popping by!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Night 30 - House Of The Rising Sun

Or shall I say the singing moon?

Tonight I had a lovely tip after a happy chat. From a couple from Lebanon who now live in Australia. They were part of a cruise. How lovely. They liked a lot of our music, which was wonderful to know, and they asked for "Strangers in the Night". I said "I know it but not the words so is it okay if I make them up?"

They said yes. And I did, a little, along with scatting. Scatterbrain I am.

Another request which we tried to fulfill without the right words were "House of the Rising Sun" where I told the story of how I landed on earth. This came from a table where some were regulars and a few were friends.

Haha, now I know a few more songs to add to my repertoire. :-) Just gotta get the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment