"CATCH ME LIVE!"

I sing every Monday to Saturday at Holiday Inn Atrium, Singapore - 7:45pm to 10:45pm.
Free entrance at the Lobby Lounge. Find out more below:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193307951274&index=1

Profession: Singer, actress, mistress of ceremony (or emcee), model, drama trainer.
Gillian Tan finally has a casual & regular blog. This is Z Jil. Thanks for popping by!

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Night 34 - Cry Me A River

Today I taught at two different schools as I do every Tuesday, before a rehearsal for my dear friend's production called Noh Now.

The rehearsal venue was changed suddenly after we had set our dates down for the rehearsal ages ago at a place in Serangoon. I hope the kind folks at the venue in Serangoon didn't make plans just for us that day, only to cancel them.

I was very emotional during one scene in the rehearsal but it didn't spill over into my real life. I had always insisted (for and to myself only) I never want to use much of my personal life in my work, because I felt I would be exploiting it, the experiences and the people around me. Especially intense and private moments. However, this scene seemed to call for it. And so, I allowed it, but I knew it wouldn't go out of control. My tears stopped the moment the scene was over. I tried to clear my blocked nose in time for singing as I ran to the train station.

At the HIA, someone asked for "Businessman in New York" by Sting (now I think he meant Englishman but no matter) so we did fresh song for him, also by Sting. "Fields Of Gold". So fresh that some chords didn't match. Still it sounded snazzy and deliberate. And I led confidently with my vocals and it turned out as a song, though I suppose it is a little strange. Fields of Copper-haps.

We had a few lovely numbers for the rest of the night, like 7, 8 and 9... kidding. Yes I believe we did "Cry Me A River" which might've been perfect for my Noh rehearsal this afternoon. But I ain't gonna cry for my hair which is to be cut tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment