"CATCH ME LIVE!"

I sing every Monday to Saturday at Holiday Inn Atrium, Singapore - 7:45pm to 10:45pm.
Free entrance at the Lobby Lounge. Find out more below:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193307951274&index=1

Profession: Singer, actress, mistress of ceremony (or emcee), model, drama trainer.
Gillian Tan finally has a casual & regular blog. This is Z Jil. Thanks for popping by!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Night 36 - Route 66

Thursdays for me usually mean 3 hours of teaching in two schools spread out from 8:30am till 2pm.

Today I had a shoot as Helen right after teaching ended for the day. My calltime was 3:30pm at the Singapore Tourism Board (STB) building. So I arrived on time as the producer had requested, but a previous scene required more time than they had catered for, so I entertained myself by chatting with fish and strolling about. I also sent some random text messages to friends after browsing through the books in their tourism library. Here is what I found out about Holiday Inn.

In 1994, Holiday Inn had the highest number of rooms in the world with over 390,000 rooms across the globe. At that time, it was the 5th largest hotel chain with 171 hotels. Yet it failed to make the top 20 list in terms of room sales that year. I guess it makes sense. If I had a hotel with just one room, It would probably be sold out everyday (perhaps to myself, haha).

We finally began on my tiny scene at 6pm in the driveway where there's a happy little Merlion (so don't forget to include this one when you count them), and I left at 6:20pm for the train. Yes I had just enough time to walk to the train, hop on, grab a seat on the bus, and make it in time.

I arrived quite relaxed and it didn't feel like a high pressure journey. More like a swinging "Route 66". Nothing much to report at HIA tonight. But I still don't recognise myself in the mirror right away. But I do after 1 or 2 seconds. Haha. It's not a big deal. Just a new hairstyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment