"CATCH ME LIVE!"

I sing every Monday to Saturday at Holiday Inn Atrium, Singapore - 7:45pm to 10:45pm.
Free entrance at the Lobby Lounge. Find out more below:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193307951274&index=1

Profession: Singer, actress, mistress of ceremony (or emcee), model, drama trainer.
Gillian Tan finally has a casual & regular blog. This is Z Jil. Thanks for popping by!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Night 35 - I'm Gonna Wash That Girl Right Outta My Hair

Goodbye to hair from four inches below my shoulder!

Yes I had my first day of shoot as Helen, a series regular and supporting character, in the Suria drama "First Impressions". And before the cameras rolled for my scene, the makeup artist and hair stylist, a girl who loves her job, ran back and forth between me and the other actors on set for two hours... Till my hair was cut the way they all wanted it. Well, kinda. She felt she was rushed and would've done a better job if she had more time.

Now it turned out to be very much shorter than what they had promised me (bra line). Since hair grows back and I rarely bother with the mirror, I don't really care. Or else I'd have thrown a hissy fit and sued them. At the time, my soul pal seemed more concerned about it than I. While filming, the fringe got trimmed a little more. As you can see in this before, after, and after picture. Hehehe...

I drove and arrived at their office at 2:30pm after teaching. My hair was ready by 4:30 and after makeup and wardrobe, the cameras rolled for two scenes with my character from 5 and I left at 6:30pm. Cutting it soooo close though I had told them I had to leave by 6 in order to keep the car at home, and still get to HIA to start my first set at 7:45pm. Everything worked out just in time. Phew!

Now this new hair surprised a few people at HIA. Some liked it, saying I look better with it. I suppose it does sport a more youthful bounce now.

Now for the title of this post... I didn't sing "I'm Gonna Wash That Man Right Outta My Hair" but I was thinking of a past relationship since people say it is common for people to cut their hair when a relationship has recently ended. It is funny too since this person just got a haircut, and had also always wanted me to cut my hair a certain dictated way, but never the way I wanted it myself. At that time, I said that if I were to get a hair cut, my new hair would end just below my shoulders and I would have a fringe. Which didn't sit well with my fussy ex. But I've washed you right outta my life, and hair... And what a surprise... This is it!

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha i like this blog entry...especially the last paragraph..
    Hey wait i was more concerned meh...more like shocked!!hah..bfo n after pic quite a big diff huh...yeah but it did become the hairstyle that was imagined.Its lovely.

    ReplyDelete