"CATCH ME LIVE!"

I sing every Monday to Saturday at Holiday Inn Atrium, Singapore - 7:45pm to 10:45pm.
Free entrance at the Lobby Lounge. Find out more below:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193307951274&index=1

Profession: Singer, actress, mistress of ceremony (or emcee), model, drama trainer.
Gillian Tan finally has a casual & regular blog. This is Z Jil. Thanks for popping by!

Friday, February 5, 2010

Night 31 - You Don't Know Me

Moey, the pianist for tonight, didn't know me before 7:45pm today.

Adi couldn't make it so he had Moey play with me tonight. I liked that I was being thrown together with someone else which will keep me on my toes and be a fun, challenging training session. And I loved the fact that though he wasn't the most experienced (as Adi had mentioned, but no matter!), he was so willing to try and do whichever songs I gratefully suggested. And he seemed to know more songs too, or perhaps a different set of tunes. So we performed:

"Call Me Irresponsible" - Simply because I can be if I choose to...

"Time After Time" - The Cyndi Lauper one, though I am dreaming of the Sammy Cahn & Jule Styne one.

"Like Someone In Love" - What a fun little ditty.

"You Don't Know Me" - I last sang this as a wedding march-in at the couple's request. How strange. But what a lovely song.

"Both Sides Now" - Finally performed this for the first time and I love it. Love Joni Mitchell.

"For Once In My Life" - Always wanted to do it and now I have!

"Walking My Baby Back Home" - One of my absolute favourites!

"You Light Up My Life" - I recall burping in the middle of this song at a wedding. I just had to do it again, this time without the burp.

"You Belong to Me" - Sang this last a capella at a gig or tour, called War on Wheels, since this song was often dedicated to soldiers going away during World War Two.

No comments:

Post a Comment