"CATCH ME LIVE!"

I sing every Monday to Saturday at Holiday Inn Atrium, Singapore - 7:45pm to 10:45pm.
Free entrance at the Lobby Lounge. Find out more below:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193307951274&index=1

Profession: Singer, actress, mistress of ceremony (or emcee), model, drama trainer.
Gillian Tan finally has a casual & regular blog. This is Z Jil. Thanks for popping by!

Friday, February 12, 2010

Night 37 - Rose Rose I Love You

Sooooooo excited! My last day of work!

And then I return to work on Wednesday. The Chinese Lunar New Year is upon us, with its first day being February 14th 2010. That happens to also be Valentine's Day. So I sang the Chinese version of "Rose Rose I Love You" which is "Mei Gui Mei Gui Wo Ai Ni". I put it in a blender with my pitifully pronounced Mandarin. But you gotta laugh when there was enthusiastic applause from obviously non-Mandarin speaking guests.

In addition to that, Adi and I did more Chinese songs for Chinese new year such as Teresa Teng's 1977 trademark song "Yue Liang Dai Biao Wo De Xin" (which means the moon represents my heart) and the lovely "Ye Lai Xiang" (which means... uh...) and they worked out a bit better than "Mei Gui".

For fun, we did "Sway" which in Chinese meant bad luck. But hey, I told everyone how we were not superstitious so we wanted everyone to have a good time and enjoy this inviting dance tune. Yes I am so not talking about techno here.

A couple of friends popped by with some relatives and I told a few jokes and did my "Condo Condo Condo" song. To celebrate the season and my last day of work before my long weekend, I wore a cheongsam inspired dress in black with a cute hairband my cousin got for me as a Christmas gift. I got this dress years ago for $8 and never wore it till now. How lovely.

Yay, now that I'm home, I can relax until Wednesday! Not updating until then. Enjoy your holiday everyone! How bizarre... that now I, the perpetual freelancer, should finally know the feeling of a long weekend. Not bothering with full sentences. Much needed REST coming up. Happy. Bubbling with excitement. Sleepy. Done. Ok. Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment