"CATCH ME LIVE!"

I sing every Monday to Saturday at Holiday Inn Atrium, Singapore - 7:45pm to 10:45pm.
Free entrance at the Lobby Lounge. Find out more below:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193307951274&index=1

Profession: Singer, actress, mistress of ceremony (or emcee), model, drama trainer.
Gillian Tan finally has a casual & regular blog. This is Z Jil. Thanks for popping by!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Night 39 - Time After Time

Tonight was strange.

I somehow had a smooth, confident, controlled voice. As if it had a life of its own. I guess I should be grateful, and confident! We did a fresh song: "Time After Time" by Cyndi Lauper.

Amongst our guests tonight was the most adorable little 2 year old boy who was dancing to the music. I spoke to his parents and learnt that they were from Singapore. If I had known I would have done some local parody songs. Haha... He shook my hand a few times, clasped his little hands into a fist and wished me gong xi gong xi. Then as I left, he waved goodbye and blew me a kiss. :-)

Awww how sweet and adorab... Hey, why is he staying out longer than I? Wow maybe I am due for another party. Anyway, I shall leave you patient readers who don't mind my WOT with a new original song of mine (I mentioned it once but here is a video with lyrics, like a cheap karaoke, hehe) about learning to see the truth from the wishfulness. Accepting, growing up and moving on. This song will be part of my production in May 2010 "Stand Up And Sing!". More on that later.

Special thanks to Kevin Foo and Nigel Tan of Loft Studios. To EZ for helping me print the lyrics! :-)

Thanks also to the ones who have broken my heart for this song now has a voice.



Add Video
Also available on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zXo67aEMe4

This song will debut on 9.38 Live FM, Singapore on March 12th 2010, Friday, after Bharati's short radio interview with Gillian Tan under "Passion People". That should be around 2:10pm.

website: http://jilly.co.nr
© Gillian Tan, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment