"CATCH ME LIVE!"

I sing every Monday to Saturday at Holiday Inn Atrium, Singapore - 7:45pm to 10:45pm.
Free entrance at the Lobby Lounge. Find out more below:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193307951274&index=1

Profession: Singer, actress, mistress of ceremony (or emcee), model, drama trainer.
Gillian Tan finally has a casual & regular blog. This is Z Jil. Thanks for popping by!

Friday, January 1, 2010

Jan 1st at Hol Inn

Hi 2010! So it is a new year now. January 1st.

Did my first night at Holiday Inn. It went ok but really coulda been better. Sequencing files hadn't been sent yet and many songs were not familiar to all. Quite disappointing, mostly because we have done so well together. So comparatively, I have to say I wasn't very happy about tonight. But it was still worthy and entertaining overall. My soul pal was there for my first night, so thanks for the support. :-)

Had a fun chat with the staff and the guests. The staff were friendly and warmed up quickly. Quite a few were from Burma, Vietnam, China and perhaps a few more neighbouring countries. So nice and sweet of them to make ME, the local, feel welcome without trying at all. :-)

The guests were few but very appreciative. A few were rowdy and they would dance along and request for Metallica. But I always prefer a rowdier crowd to one that's asleep or dying of boredom. I managed to speak to some. I met one during my sound check before a family lunch, so was very glad he came back for a set before he set off to check out some clubs since he was flying the next day. A couple who had been singing along and even apologised for talking over my singing (oh come on, it's absolutely fine!!), chatted with me about politics and even generously bought me a drink. Thank you!

That chat about governments and politics has led me to deduce that there is no right view or wrong view, and no one can ever know everything for sure. And even when you do think you have all the facts, something new can happen, or something from the past can be unearthed and all of a sudden, everything changes again. So I guess I deduce... eh... Hahaha!

Anyway... I will now prepare a few Rod Stewart songs for this couple and a few other songs for the folks working at the bar and a request for a Japanese song. Then it will be time for bed sweet bed. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment