"CATCH ME LIVE!"

I sing every Monday to Saturday at Holiday Inn Atrium, Singapore - 7:45pm to 10:45pm.
Free entrance at the Lobby Lounge. Find out more below:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193307951274&index=1

Profession: Singer, actress, mistress of ceremony (or emcee), model, drama trainer.
Gillian Tan finally has a casual & regular blog. This is Z Jil. Thanks for popping by!

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Night 20 - Fever

Football fever actually. What a party tonight!

From the first song, "Blue Moon", we already had attentive appreciative audience, even amongst those watching football on the Lobby Lounge's big screen. A very responsive guest in the bright cyan blue shirt was moving to the beat and even singing along. I remember telling this interactive gentleman, "lovely blue moon, lovely blue shirt!"

While I sang "Cheek to Cheek", he also had a fantastic looking burger which was supposedly a deal during happy hour, just like the drinks: 1 for 1 before 9pm. I should consider trying that sometime!

Everyone seemed so receptive and alive tonight, applauding every song and beating or singing along, we did upbeat numbers for a Saturday night such as "I Will Survive", "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" and "Killing Me Softly" (where I told them about Norman Gimbel who wrote English lyrics for a lot of foreign songs, turning them into classic hits in the English speaking world).

I must say the new sound is great and the clarity and sharpness in my voice is heard all throughout the Lobby Lounge. I suspect it is also brought up the volume a little and has beckoned a few people at the buffet on the 4th floor to come down to listen ('everybody's got the fever'), or perhaps to stone me. Good thing stones in the hotel are not so easily accessible.

Speaking of the buffet, I had predominantly tempura last night and tonight was almost the same. But I had ice-cream too which I brought down with cake. Finally! (I also finally saw the pool but that's off tangent here.) Of course, only with the manager's permission. Thank you! Everyone up there is so hospitable and sincere. I must say the word 'hospitable' or 'hospitality' could also give rise to new vocabulary partners like 'hotelable' or 'hotelity'. You know, erase the potential image of bloody gauzes and imaginary whiffs of surgical spirits... Gee... now that's living up to one's potential.

One of our favourite regulars requested "Besame Mucho", which meant 'kiss me much' and I was reminded of a cute little toddler I played with on the train by simply making silly faces. I waved goodbye to him and he returned the wave. I blew him a kiss and he blew me one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment