"CATCH ME LIVE!"

I sing every Monday to Saturday at Holiday Inn Atrium, Singapore - 7:45pm to 10:45pm.
Free entrance at the Lobby Lounge. Find out more below:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193307951274&index=1

Profession: Singer, actress, mistress of ceremony (or emcee), model, drama trainer.
Gillian Tan finally has a casual & regular blog. This is Z Jil. Thanks for popping by!

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Night 18 - Condo Condo Condo

I had a fun pleasant surprise tonight.

Some friends came to visit! And one of them was my tango partner. So when I attempted to groove on stage, which was a comic sight, he gestured that we could be doing tango. Haha! Come Sunday, we will again. :-)

A few of them were avid bookworms and I suspected one of them knew every jazz standard before I finished introducing each of them. They were all So Nice! With so many friends who live in Singapore, I had no choice but to sing my Condo song (a "Quando" parody) for them! Read my lyrics at http://zjil.blogspot.com/2010/01/night-8-lets-fall-in-love.html , or better yet, sing along!

These lovely friends popped by without warning which was a wonderful surprise. So I was happy to end the set with "What a Wonderful World" where my favourite line 'what they're really saying is I love you' really got Under My Skin. I am only sorry, and honestly kicking my a**, that I did not take any pictures! Would have been lovely moments captured. Perhaps the moments stored in one's heart and mind are more precious.

Also, I am blogging now for the past few days from Monday because I have no work (meaning fun high energy classes of adorable kids to teach) tomorrow morning. I will, however, be teaching Primary 3's at 1pm. So I shall head to bed soon, and catch up on some sleep debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment