"CATCH ME LIVE!"

I sing every Monday to Saturday at Holiday Inn Atrium, Singapore - 7:45pm to 10:45pm.
Free entrance at the Lobby Lounge. Find out more below:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193307951274&index=1

Profession: Singer, actress, mistress of ceremony (or emcee), model, drama trainer.
Gillian Tan finally has a casual & regular blog. This is Z Jil. Thanks for popping by!

Monday, January 11, 2010

Night 9 - You've Got A Friend

Friendly night to begin the week.

I had fun tonight because of everyone else. A few friends and a member from my facebook public page popped by. What a lovely surprise! One of our regulars named me my original songs! What an even lovelier surprise! Made me a bit shy la.

The bartenders and waitresses were great as always. Not only did I get a gorgeous hot chocolate from the bar, I also had a fun chat with the guests. When I went up for dinner, a chef spied on me as I picked skin off some duck slices. He asked if I would like some fresh duck and I said "Yes! But only the skin. I really love skin."

And he appeared a few minutes later with a plate filled with skin! Glorious skin... It was a such a heavenly sight. I was sooo ecstatic, I asked to bring it downstairs to the lobby. Usually this is a no-no but skin can be seen as harmless discards. So they allowed it. The skin was so good I shared it with the guests in the Lobby Lounge. Some enjoyed it. A few said no. Only one person winced at the thought of oily fatty duck skin.

I paid for that later in oil and phlegm felt at the edge of my throat. While I was singing. Haha. Terribly rude to clear my throat on stage but UNembarrassable Jilly did it anyway, coughing and laughing it off. I told some bar jokes since hey, we were all getting drinks from the bar!

Once again, I performed my Condo song to the delight of the locals. Yay! We delivered a request for "Over The Rainbow". And Adi and I did some fresh songs like "You've Got A Friend", Maurice William's "Stay" and "Hold Me, Thril Me, Kiss Me". Happy! I actually had a dream we did some Joni Mitchell. We just might this week. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment