"CATCH ME LIVE!"

I sing every Monday to Saturday at Holiday Inn Atrium, Singapore - 7:45pm to 10:45pm.
Free entrance at the Lobby Lounge. Find out more below:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193307951274&index=1

Profession: Singer, actress, mistress of ceremony (or emcee), model, drama trainer.
Gillian Tan finally has a casual & regular blog. This is Z Jil. Thanks for popping by!

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Night 26 - Smile

Tonight was lovely cos a few friends popped by.

I started with a sore dry throat. As if my larynx was coated with sandpaper. That made me bluesify my songs as if I were a drunk and lazy heartbroken lounge singer who just got dumped by a long time lover for whom she provided. Haha!

Well, I had a drink of warm water which helped and then dinner was good too. I smuggled home some duck skin. I shall have some in a minute. :-)

We had requests for a few songs tonight. "End of the World" requested by my friends, which was the first time I sang it since a Primary 4 talentime with 2 friends... how nostalgic. "Cry Me A River" was another request in the 3rd set, which we ended up doing twice since we did it once in the first set. And "Killing Me Softly". Hmm, all sad songs eh?

On the sunny side of the street, we performed the evergreen number, "Smile". Although we intended to end the final set with the message of "Imagine", a request came in at the very last second for "Unforgettable" and since we knew it, how could we not do it?

I sent some time in the afternoon making this for "A Little Prayer For Me", my newest original recording for easier access: http://www.youtube.com/gillianmegan#p/u/6/6zXo67aEMe4 or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zXo67aEMe4

No comments:

Post a Comment