"CATCH ME LIVE!"

I sing every Monday to Saturday at Holiday Inn Atrium, Singapore - 7:45pm to 10:45pm.
Free entrance at the Lobby Lounge. Find out more below:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193307951274&index=1

Profession: Singer, actress, mistress of ceremony (or emcee), model, drama trainer.
Gillian Tan finally has a casual & regular blog. This is Z Jil. Thanks for popping by!

Monday, January 18, 2010

Night 15 - Leaving On A Jet Plane

The internet has been crazy. I wonder why.

Could be its Monday blues. Virtually. So coupled with my worry about not being able to wake in time for school tomorrow (I teach drama and acting related courses), I did not blog on Monday. Or Tuesday, or... This however will be listed as a Monday entry. Muahahaha, how can one believe anyone online anymore? Or has that stopped ages ago and I am only catching on now? *scratches chin* Oh, no matter.

Well, on the way to work I was appalled that at rush hour on a very crowded train, around 7pm, there was this big unoccupied space in front of me. It lasted so long, I just had to take a picture to mark its permanence. Imagine this: a tight squeeze of a lot of tired office goers and shoppers all around this dreadful circle of dead air. I was honestly quite irked. What can we do about this??

Once the gig began, the night was lovely. My soul-pal had sweetly helped me print lyrics to about 15 songs which I cleverly and anally squeezed onto 3 sheets of A4 sized paper. Thank you! Adi and I performed some new songs like "Perfidia" (one of my absolute favourites) and it was wonderful to have a happy and grateful audience. Sadly it was the last night for a lot of our guests. So "Leaving On A Jet Plane" was apt.

There is a certain transience in this scene and it seems significant. I can't say I like or hate it. But I appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment