"CATCH ME LIVE!"

I sing every Monday to Saturday at Holiday Inn Atrium, Singapore - 7:45pm to 10:45pm.
Free entrance at the Lobby Lounge. Find out more below:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193307951274&index=1

Profession: Singer, actress, mistress of ceremony (or emcee), model, drama trainer.
Gillian Tan finally has a casual & regular blog. This is Z Jil. Thanks for popping by!

Friday, January 22, 2010

Night 19 - What A Difference A Day Made

What happened to the sound?

Something... has... changed. I was not used to it at first. Everything suddenly sounded clearer or sharper, which I didn't really notice until Adi pointed it out with a question. I wasn't bothered with it by the second set, and actually liked it by the third set.

It was a quiet night which was a far cry from the night before so I couldn't help but think "What A Difference A Day Made". Not just in the crowd, but also the sound. There were 2 or 3 tables taken and one even had a group of maybe 6 or 7 gathered with notebooks (both electronic and paper, each), occasionally typing and writing in them. A friend suggested they were taking notes of what I sang or said about songs or trivia. Haha! What an adorable thought. :-)

Since we never really rehearse or jam outside of our performances, a few fresh renditions were born tonight when we felt it was safe to try. One from the library book I borrowed was "I'll Be Seeing You" but the key was obviously not written for me so I actually changed octaves every few bars. Haha, what fun, but what disrespect. Didn't mean to, and certainly not with malice in my heart or mind. Adi has yet to be acquainted with the Sammy Fain melody, and I almost know by heart the literary poetry of this song by Irving Kahal. I have faith that we can deliver a gorgeous rendition soon!

As a special treat, Adi even sang "To Love Somebody" by the Bee Gees! It was great fun and I felt fancy free just dancing (badly) and doing little bits of harmony on the fly. He has a whole book of just lyrics which I didn't know about. Since my printer is kaput, if he lets me, I shall look through it soon to add more gems to our repertoire!

I told myself I will have ice-cream tonight but missed it and, quite frankly, didn't feel like it very much. I shall do that tomorrow. I will rest up now for a film by David Lynch tomorrow, called "Inland Empire". How exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment