"CATCH ME LIVE!"

I sing every Monday to Saturday at Holiday Inn Atrium, Singapore - 7:45pm to 10:45pm.
Free entrance at the Lobby Lounge. Find out more below:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193307951274&index=1

Profession: Singer, actress, mistress of ceremony (or emcee), model, drama trainer.
Gillian Tan finally has a casual & regular blog. This is Z Jil. Thanks for popping by!

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Night 5 - Cheek to Cheek

Tonight was lighthearted and intimate.

I had some locals who were regulars to the lounge. One of the tables requested "Close to You" which was a lovely song to describe the evening. Another song which not only gives one a sense of warmth and joy, but was also dedicated to my dear friend, Nanda, was "Cheek to Cheek". He mentioned recently that this song was on repeat on his mental jukebox so I just had to do it. This talented actor & playwright came as early as 7 to wait for what he called my grand entrance. So cute la... We are now working together on some Noh plays that he has written so beautifully. More on that in my upcoming posts!

I am very sleepy now because I spent the afternoon checking out a friend's recording studio which is lovely and has a positive friendly vibe. I'm excited to say the least. :-) Therefore I will keep this short.

A few other friends came by too and livened up the mood, which also made it more relaxed for everyone. I even had time for a spot of stand-up comedy. I'll be the first to say that it wasn't impressive but seemed to entertain. It was a true story about how a little girl went "reindeer" whenever I asked her to fill in the blanks for the song "Rudolph" during a Christmas gig. Keeping that mischievous mood, I sang "Quando Quando Quando" with a snippet of a parody I couldn't help but think up:

Tell me where do you reside? Is it condo condo condo?
Not a HDB like me, or a landed property...

My friends enjoyed it and it somewhat reflected Singapore's preoccupation with property. There were more locals than tourists at the Lobby Lounge tonight. For those outside our little island, HDB stands for Housing Development Board, or what I like to call shelved living. At the end of the night, I took pictures and asked for my friends' permission to post them on my blog. There is one more who took the picture. Haha! Aren't they sweet?

No comments:

Post a Comment