"CATCH ME LIVE!"

I sing every Monday to Saturday at Holiday Inn Atrium, Singapore - 7:45pm to 10:45pm.
Free entrance at the Lobby Lounge. Find out more below:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193307951274&index=1

Profession: Singer, actress, mistress of ceremony (or emcee), model, drama trainer.
Gillian Tan finally has a casual & regular blog. This is Z Jil. Thanks for popping by!

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Night 14 - Round Midnight

Sleepy night. But happy and relaxed!

I just wrote so much for Friday night, or last night. So I will keep this short. (yeah right.)

Soul-pal came by, as she did yesterday right after the final set, but this time caught a lot more. :-) I did "Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue" especially for her. I hope she liked it more than I did. Hehe.

Someone asked for "Vincent" but he wasn't working tonight. Kidding. I sang a little bit with my own made up lyrics, meaning no disrespect to the song, and also promising to learn it for the next time the requester visits. I shall have it ready by Tuesday.

We tried "Round Midnight" tonight. Interesting. I was so sleepy that I was in limbo while performing some songs. Then I slept like a baby on the train home. Ah... and woke up in another town, not too far from mine but still a distance away. And the last trains had all gone home by then. I wasn't upset at all though. Very calmly, I wandered through the bus interchange hoping I will find a bus to bring me home. Just as I was about to resign myself to a cab, I found a bus that was going to leave in 5 minutes for my home! I chatted with my soul-pal on the bus, who tried to wake me while I was on the train. Thanks dear but sorry I am such a sleepy snail. After the little chat, I fell asleep and woke up perfectly at my stop!

I must admit I am a little worried about next week when I will virtually not have any time to rest. More on that later. I will be at Noh rehearsal, tango and maybe, just maybe, a jam session tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment