"CATCH ME LIVE!"

I sing every Monday to Saturday at Holiday Inn Atrium, Singapore - 7:45pm to 10:45pm.
Free entrance at the Lobby Lounge. Find out more below:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193307951274&index=1

Profession: Singer, actress, mistress of ceremony (or emcee), model, drama trainer.
Gillian Tan finally has a casual & regular blog. This is Z Jil. Thanks for popping by!

Friday, January 29, 2010

Night 25 - Fly Me To The Moon

Tonight was a far far cry from last night's exhausted performance.

That I could fly to the moon! We did a lovely night and perhaps Adi recording the performance with his video camera tonight helped. He played in full chords and regalia and I sang with a... fuller and rounder voice? Whatever it was, it felt like a good night and I even wore my most expensive dress. Everyone was appreciative and applauded encouragingly.

It was cute that I did "Ue o muite arukō", aka Sukiyaki. And the lone Japanese guest in the crowd said to me in a clear American accent that my Japanese was better than his!

I slept well and much more last night. In the afternoon, I certainly had my warm up with a jam session. Great people with open minds, genuine interest in my music and such admirable dedication. So lucky for me. And so exciting!

Had a friend pop by who was kind enough to drive me home. Made friends as well with some people from Norway, though one of them was actually Spanish, and he plays in his own indie bands. We had a good chat about original songs and his mom who was defeated by cancer. So sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment