"CATCH ME LIVE!"

I sing every Monday to Saturday at Holiday Inn Atrium, Singapore - 7:45pm to 10:45pm.
Free entrance at the Lobby Lounge. Find out more below:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193307951274&index=1

Profession: Singer, actress, mistress of ceremony (or emcee), model, drama trainer.
Gillian Tan finally has a casual & regular blog. This is Z Jil. Thanks for popping by!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Night 11 - Islands In The Stream

We had a duet!

It wasn't planned but it worked out quite alright. One of our guests wanted to sing acapella and after his valiant southern-drawled performance, we did a little duet with classic "Islands in the Stream". He and his friends were quite the country fans. So Adi and I delivered "Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue" and "Leaving On A Jet Plane" to audibly appreciative guests tonight.

I had a good dinner at work including dessert which for some reason always slipped my mind before. Each set went well. It was casual and fun tonight with guests interacting with me and asking for requests by hollering from the floor. I like that! How lively. :-)

Someone asked for "Even Now" by Barry Manilow. I've heard it and can learn it. Soooo emo. *sob*

On a personal note, I went to the gym with my soul-pal these last 2 days. And for more than just a shower! She is great at motivating me, even patiently teaching me dance moves. We also went to the library to borrow some books with more jazz standards to sing, reaffirm and learn. I also picked up a book of plays by Arthur Miller. For my happy train rides.

Well I had a sleepy train ride home, so I am off to bed. The coming week is going to be quite insane when teaching begins. Yet I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment