"CATCH ME LIVE!"

I sing every Monday to Saturday at Holiday Inn Atrium, Singapore - 7:45pm to 10:45pm.
Free entrance at the Lobby Lounge. Find out more below:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193307951274&index=1

Profession: Singer, actress, mistress of ceremony (or emcee), model, drama trainer.
Gillian Tan finally has a casual & regular blog. This is Z Jil. Thanks for popping by!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Night 23 - April Showers

Had my first real SHOWER in days!

Eeyew, I know. But what a feeling, being's believing... No we didn't do any songs from Flashdance. :-) I was singing to myself "April Showers" but have yet to perform that. Love that sweet positive song.

Today was not just positive but very productive in the day! I taught from 8:30 to 9:30, took a bus to Adi's for a recording of "Blue Moon". That was followed by a quick school canteen lunch and another class from 1 to 2pm, before I took a cab to the Loft Studios with my soul-pal who helped print my original lyrics.

At the Loft Studios, Kevin, who is also a talented photographer, had the instrumental backing track arranged and ready from a half hour recording session he had this morning with Nigel, a musician and teacher. The song was "A Little Prayer For Me", about learning to see the truth and moving on. I went into the recording room (as you can see I am not so experienced in studios) 3 times, emerging with 2 takes of the song right through and 1 take of harmony and any extras. That was all the highly efficient Kevin needed to create the final track! The entire process including his half hour took about 2 hours and I played the track on a CD Kevin made for me between my 2nd and 3rd set at the Holiday Inn Atrium.

At the end of the day I had a new cover (hmm, new old song) and a new original (also new and a little old, written last year). Please tell me what you think after you check them out here! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Gillian-Tan/186223697045?v=app_16393714252

I am completely and utterly grateful to Adi, my soul-pal, Loft, Kevin, Nigel, and everyone involved in one way or another. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment