"CATCH ME LIVE!"

I sing every Monday to Saturday at Holiday Inn Atrium, Singapore - 7:45pm to 10:45pm.
Free entrance at the Lobby Lounge. Find out more below:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193307951274&index=1

Profession: Singer, actress, mistress of ceremony (or emcee), model, drama trainer.
Gillian Tan finally has a casual & regular blog. This is Z Jil. Thanks for popping by!

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Night 16 - All The Way

The first of many LONG days from now till end of March.

I woke at perhaps 7am to get to work. I was teaching for an hour this morning. And then for an hour in the afternoon. I was to be at the Holiday Inn Atrium by 7:30 to sing... So I had to find a way to kill time since the hassle, cost and travelling time didn't warrant my going home.

I had a happy primary school canteen meal of chicken rice for S$1. Yummy and lasted me till my evening gig. I also ended up tempted by a $10 sign and bought 2 dresses from the rack (pretty good deal and just in time for Chinese New Year), toyed with the idea of new glasses since mine had been with me for about 4 years. Still S$90 seemed too extravagant. But I hadn't been shopping or window shopping for glasses for 4 years so am completely out of touch with what people pay for such things now.

The evening was quiet but peppered with happy little moments. I made sure I ate desserts tonight too, which had always slipped my mind. Take a look and drool! (I didn't have the feta cheese though.)













One lovely surprise was a tip! Simple and sweet, from Japanese Airlines stewardesses after we performed "Ue o muite arukō" aka sukiyaki. Tonight we tried "All The Way" which was the first time I ever performed it. Other fresh additions to our repertoire tonight were these 3 songs which I've always known by heart: "When You Wish Upon A Star" , "What A Difference A Day Made" and "Love Is Here To Stay". I was ecstatic when I finally got the chance to sing them!

No comments:

Post a Comment