"CATCH ME LIVE!"

I sing every Monday to Saturday at Holiday Inn Atrium, Singapore - 7:45pm to 10:45pm.
Free entrance at the Lobby Lounge. Find out more below:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193307951274&index=1

Profession: Singer, actress, mistress of ceremony (or emcee), model, drama trainer.
Gillian Tan finally has a casual & regular blog. This is Z Jil. Thanks for popping by!

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Night 24 - Crazy

First class started at 8:30am, and last set ended at 11pm.

But I survived the crazy day. I had such a busy day with teaching, squeezing in a radio interview between schools. I was fortunate and grateful that my mom let me borrow her car today! I can't wait to find out what the interview will be like because we recorded 30 minutes of my ramblings and the interview will be edited to just 10 minutes in the show segment "Passion People". After that, Bharati, who is also a friend, will play "A Little Prayer For Me" on air after the interview next Friday, February 5th 2010!

I also talked about Terence Tan's festival "A Seed", a series of underground works including Hemang Yadav's "Noh Now" (I mentioned I was rehearsing for it) featuring the play "The Mall". Hemang has trusted me to be the music director for this and I will be staging a show of my own called (thanks to Hemang's great ideas) "Stand Up & Sing" where I will tell stories about incidents, especially those funny and/or sad, in my life and follow up with a song about each. It's like stand-up comedy and music. Also kinda the opposite of AWARE's "shut up and sit down". Hahahaha! Well stay tuned for more info about these shows. Most likely late May to late June.

The evening was fine and not much to report in comparison to my day. Tried Dolly Parton's "I Will Always Love You" for the first time tonight. Didn't work out too well in my opinion. I will come back with it again soon. Patsy Cline's "Crazy" was lovely. I was so tired and exhausted. Am so!

No comments:

Post a Comment