"CATCH ME LIVE!"

I sing every Monday to Saturday at Holiday Inn Atrium, Singapore - 7:45pm to 10:45pm.
Free entrance at the Lobby Lounge. Find out more below:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193307951274&index=1

Profession: Singer, actress, mistress of ceremony (or emcee), model, drama trainer.
Gillian Tan finally has a casual & regular blog. This is Z Jil. Thanks for popping by!

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Night 17 - The Way I Am

Today was a long and exciting one.

Before my 8:30am class with a school in Aljunied, I had a hearty breakfast of nasi lemak with vegetables since I was early and knew I needed the nutrition. For just S$1.20, it's a good tasty meal. How cute is this?

At 9:30, I ended class and headed off to meet a friend who was able to help me with recording my original songs. That was interesting and productive. Can't wait to update! The journey there and the bus driver was memorably adorable. I had told this attentive captain I wanted to get off at Serangoon MRT, and when I tapped out too early, he called out to me and explained the sign I saw was for an non-operational station. He didn't ask for extra payment, and was trying to describe the bus services and the way Serangoon was built. He helpfully directed me to the entrance of the MRT station. So sweet! And I also saw this in his bus and just had to snap a shot.

I headed off to my next school after the music studio. Lessons were fun and the kids were good. After that I had a short nap and then headed to a audition with some friends with a sorta parody I wrote. It was well received. The Universe, God, everyone and everything is kind to me so I am utterly grateful.

At the gig, all went well but I wonder if I smelled. I wore the same outfit all day (little red riding hood comes to mind, though it was a red tube top) and for the evening, subtracted the black cardigan. Lots of people liked it. It was also the first time I wore pants to the Lobby Lounge's stage.

I had some American guests who have been visiting every night and one even came on stage with a country song done a capella. He was great in his delivery of Merle Haggard's "The Way I Am"! So much so I am naming this blog after this song. :-)

I brought out most of our country, folk and pop numbers from Patsy Cline's "Crazy" to Eric Clapton's "Wonderful Tonight", to have these guys sing along. It was such a festive moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment